Heute Abend wird wieder ein Update für Guild Wars 2 aufgespielt. Dieses wird sich besonders mit der Änderungen an den Bestimmungen der Weltbevölkerung beschäftigen.
Kleiner Ausblick der Entwickler
Da es sich hierbei um eine größere Sache für die Server handelt werden diese voraussichtlich einige Zeit nicht verfügbar sein. Genaueres erfahren wir aber erst heute Abend.
ArenaNET zu Das bringt das heutige Update (Quelle)
This should be rolled out tomorrow.
To answer a bunch of questions that I’ve seen on this thread:
- The price to move to a server of a given population level isn’t changing. What’s changing is the way population levels are attributed to the servers.
- I won’t detail the way the new algorithm works, because I want to minimize the risk of people trying to game it. That being said, I am confident it is robust against such attempts. It’s not looking at a short period of time, and it’s looking at many aspects of the ways players are interacting with WvW to determine a server population.
- It will continue to be impossible to join or transfer to Full servers. It is possible that some servers are going to be marked as Full for a long time. While I understand this can be annoying for some, this is necessary to create a better experience for everyone.
- I agree that asking new players to chose a World before doing anything in the game is odd, now that Worlds are a WvW concept. This isn’t something we can change easily, however, but I’ll keep it in mind if an occasion arises.
- Please keep in mind that this won’t have an immediate, instantaneous effect on your WvW experience. The effect of the change will take some time to be observable from a player perspective – it should however be visible pretty quickly on my side, and I’ll make sure it’s going in the right direction.
Once this change has been deployed, I’d like to hear what you think about the population level your server now has. Specifically, I’m interested in hearing about feelings of mismatch (like “my server is marked as full, but feels really empty even at peak time”).
Thanks for the feedbacks so far! I’m glad most of you are liking this change.