Update vom 27. August
Im offiziellen Forum gibt es nun weitere Änderungen am Drachenjäger. Diese werden allerdings noch nicht im nächsten Beta-Wochenende, welches am 4. September startet, verfügbar sein.
ArenaNET zu Änderungen am Drachenjäger (Quelle)
Hey all. Following up on what we talked about last week. Here’s a few more things that we’re looking at doing:
Deflecting Shot: The last time I posted, the note I had on this was a vague ‘damage increase’ thing, which met with fair opposition. We’ve had a little more time to look into the ability and have tweaked it a fair amount so that it can retain its primary defensive functionality and still reward you for reactive play. Here’s what we’ve got –
- Reduced missile velocity by 25% (it traveled too fast to really block much). Reduced after-cast by 300 milliseconds. Increased base damage by 13%. Destroying a projectile with this ability increases the damage it deals by 100%. Increased the blocking radius by 33%. The attack radius of this ability has not been increased.
- Symbol of Energy: Removed the burning on impact (no other symbol has an additional effect, so this felt weird). Increased damage dealt by 10%.
- Spear of Justice: Increased missile velocity by 100%. Reduced the casting speed from 3/4 second to 1/4 second.
- Shield of Courage: The shielding effect now occurs the moment this ability starts. Lowered after-cast by 200 milliseconds. We’re also looking into a better functionality for the shield.
Where we’re at: Currently, you block all attacks for allies within the radius, but you don’t get any feedback for it… so we’re looking to improve that. The shield also doesn’t really benefit you, other than missile blocking (which is good, but feels like it should do more, being that you’re giving up instant casts). The current idea is to block attacks from the front (within the shield you’re projecting), but be vulnerable from the back to ensure counter-play.
- Wings of Resolve: We’re waiting to see how the current implementation plays out, being as the ability has a greatly increased healing application and has access to 3 seconds of immobilize.
There’s been some merging and creation of new trait types for the Dragonhunter line. There are now a couple of direct defensive options, in addition to some stronger power/damage ones. The goal here was to give different clear avenues (damage, utility, virtues… with some overlap)
Adept – Piercing Light: The bleeding effect only really benefited a couple traps, where we wanted the effects of this trait to enhance each one in the same way.
- The bleeding functionality has been removed and will now daze enemies for 1 second when traps enter their ‘activating’ state.
Adept – Dulled Senses: Moved here from the Master tier! Enemies you knock back are crippled. Enemies you cripple receive Vulnerability. Reduced the vuln from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.
Master – Hunter’s Determination: Drop a Fragments of Faith trap at your location when you’re crowd-controlled.
Master – Zealot’s Aggression: Deal extra damage to crippled enemies. Damage bonus increased from 7% to 10%. Justice’s passive effect cripples enemies (1.5s).
Grandmaster – Hunter’s Fortification: The area effect protection was bland and, while defensive, didn’t really portray the more selfish dragonhunter nature that likes to hold an advantage over their enemies. We’ve replaced this with a bit different defensive nature that’s also more synergistic with Hunter’s Determination.
- Remove conditions when blocking attacks (1 per block, ICD 1 second). Receive 10% less damage when you have no conditions on you.
Grandmaster – Heavy Light: Merged the aspect of Hunter’s Determination.
- Longbow arrows knock back enemies that are within the range threshold (10s ICD). Gain stability (1 stack, 5 seconds) when you knock an enemy back in this fashion.
Please keep in mind that (as before) these things won’t be in the next BWE, but in a future update. As always, thanks for your constructive feedback!
Das letzte Beta-Wochenende von Heart of Thorns verlief erfolgreich, das Feedback der Spieler an die Entwickler war gut und man wird einige Anpassungen aufgrund dessen vornehmen.
Änderungen am Drachenjäger
So empfinden die Entwickler und auch die Spieler den Drachenjäger als zu schwach, deswegen wird dieser ein wenig angepasst und wird im nächsten Beta-Wochenende mehr Schaden anrichten.
Ebenfalls wurde beispielsweise die Reichweite vom Speer der Gerechtigkeit erhöht. Einen starken Buff von 50% mehr Heilung haben die Schwingen der Entschlossenheit bekommen.
ArenaNET zu Änderungen am Drachenjäger (Quelle)
Now that the Beta Weekend Event has come and gone we’ve been firing away at various notes we’ve gleaned from your discussions about the Guardian Elite Specialization, the Dragonhunter. After distilling a lot of your comments we’ve settled on several changes for the next iteration of the specialization that should help address your damage, survival and versatility concerns while retaining the core of the new playstyle.
These changes should be available to you in the next Beta event.
A large chunk of comments we read centered on the new virtues being good, but not quite good enough to be left without the virtue passives. As we want to see you using them in the appropriate situations we tweaked each of these so that while the choice remains a trade-off, there can be more cases where the actives are used.
- F1 Spear of Justice: Increased range from 900 to 1,200. Increased impact damage by 20%.
- F2 Wings of Resolve: Increased heal value by up to 50%.
The longbow skills were generally well received, but Symbol of Energy felt on the weak side compared to the rest of the weapon skills.
- Symbol of Energy: Increased burning duration from 4 seconds to 5 seconds and Vigor duration from 1 second to 3 seconds.
Traps were another area of concern that we’re addressing with the following modifications:
- Purification: Increased bonus healing based upon level by 50%.
- Test of Faith: Increased the damage multiplier on this ability by 20%.
- Fragments of Faith: Decreased the duration that fragments remained on the ground from 15 seconds to 10 seconds. Increased the duration of the aegis granted from fragments from 5 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Procession of Blades: Increased the base damage by 36%.
- Dragon’s Maw: Increased the maw trapping duration from 4 seconds to 6 seconds. Damage increased by 20%.
Lastly the elite specialization traits needed a little more love to really drive the defining components of the Dragonhunter.
- Piercing Light: Added a 20% recharge reduction to Traps.
- Soaring Devastation: Increased the duration of the immobilize from 1.5s to 3s.
- Hunter’s Determination: Increased the duration of stability gained from 4s to 6s.
- Dulled Senses: Added that when you apply cripple you also apply 3 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds.
- Heavy Light: Increased the internal cooldown from 7 seconds to 10 seconds. Increased the knockback distance from 120 to 240.
We’ll be keeping a watchful eye for your impressions and constructive feedback from the Beta Weekend!
I’ll see you in Maguuma,